Tuesday, November 4, 2008

FR: 10/30/2008 - Starbucks

Below is a snippet of a conversation I had with a friend about a girl I met.

Martyr - Last week, I went to Starbucks on Wednesday and I noticed a cute girl. She works there, but she was sitting to the side with a hoodie on and reading a book. I go over and say hi to her and told her i worked at the next building asked if she worked there (like I said, I recognized her). Pretty much really weak stuff, but the point is I made the approach. I bailed on it after a couple of words, but i did get her name. The next day, I see her again, doing the same thing and I say hi to her. I mentioned to her that she's trying to fit in with everyone again (with the hoodie and sitting to the side reading a book), but that was all and I ended up going back to my office. (Weak!)

TL - Haha, nice

Martyr - I sit at my desk for almost 10 minutes wondering why I didn't sit and chat with her, so i got up and went back down there.

TL - Is she cute? Does she work here?

Martyr - Yes. So i go back and I ask her if she has a couple of minutes and she says she has 7 (on break). Her leg was resting on a chair, and she moves her legs off the chair so that I could sit. I sit and I say, I just felt compelled to come back and chat with you. We chat for at least 10 minutes. I was really proud of myself. She's really cute and definitely a really sweet girl.

TL - Nice

Martyr - Apparently she dated some Asian guy at R.P.I. (not me)

TL - YEAH?????? STFU

Martyr - I doubt the guy was as charming as I was though

TL - I agree

Martyr - I forgot what we talked about, but I remembered asking myself at one point, what is going on in your life that is attractive that you can share with her. I told her I was going over to my 14 year old cousin's house that night to help her with her math homework. I heard she wasn't doing well the previous night and I felt a need to go help her get caught up and especially since she's going to the same high school I went to, I felt this connection with her and i just cant let her stumble.

TL - Your cousin goes to stuy? Nice.

Martyr - That story hit perfectly, she absolutely melted.

TL - Nice, now u guys can go grab lunch or something.

Martyr - Maybe. I was waiting in line for coffee today and she saw me and waved and smiled at me. I got to the cashier and I said to the cashier (a different girl) I haven't voted yet today, but I promise you I will after work (free coffee if you voted today) and the cute girl overheard and laughed. I didn't even think it was that funny. She must have been paying attention. I got free coffee. I love flirting with women.

==============================================================================

There's more - this conversation took place during the event:

1:50 PM me: yesterday, i said hi to the girl that works at starbucks
she was taking a break
it was pretty weak
D: man, you have got to see me work
I get free coffee, or free coffee upgrades
me: i said hi to her again today, but i am definitely headed towards friendzone
D: I get offered to make out and have sex
I get free bagles
1:51 PM me: how do i stay out of friendzone without creeping someone out
i got it
D: most bars all I have to do is bend over the bar and the bartender is at my side
um, you grow boobs
me: i said hi to her again today
again, it was worthless chatter
1:52 PM i think next time i see her on break, i am going to join her at her table
and have coffee with her
D: sounds good
me: today was weird because co workers went there with me
D: just don't say what bacon boy said to me
me: they would be watching
D: yeah
guys are crazy
1:54 PM me: i've been nice to her, which is ok, i need to turn on my inner flirt
what if i went back now
to sit with her
would that be creepy?
D: too strange
don't do it
me: but then there's no doubt of my intent
right now it's straight to friend zone
1:56 PM D: you don't know eachother enough to be in friend zone
ok, go
but don't be wierd
ask if you can sit and have coffee with her
but when you ask her out, don't ask to have coffee :P
me: hahaha
i might not ask her out at all
1:57 PM i was nervous when i saw her today
i wasnt nervous the first time i said hi to her
D: well you are nervous now because she is a prospect
1:58 PM me: right
with complete strangers
i have nothing to lose
here i already established a little something
D: yeah, true
1:59 PM so you know what I am nervous about
election day

12 minutes
2:11 PM me: she went to bucknell
dated an asian guy from rpi
D: ?
me: fluent in mandarin
D: oh, you taked to her
me: grew up in long island
minutes away from where we were
2:12 PM trying to get into publishing
2:13 PM recently graduated (this past may)
she knows where i am from
and what i am up to tonight
and what i do at work and where i want to be (san diego)
2:14 PM wasnt fllirty enough, but i got through some basic stuff
D: that's cool
me: i did something 80% of other guys wouldnt be able to do
2:15 PM D: you showered this morning?
me: .....
2:16 PM D: that is something 80% of other guys wouldn't be able to do
2:17 PM me: i did shower this morning
i was referring to sitting down and chatting with a complete stranger during the day
D: I know, I was joking you silly boy you

8 minutes
2:26 PM me: i was nervous
D: aw

8 minutes
2:35 PM me: i always am
thanks for saying "ok, go"
not that i needed you permission
but it helped
2:36 PM D: yeah
I thought about it
and being a girl, I should be more "romantic"
2:37 PM and that leads me to thinking about how people should just take the plunges they need to take
there is this song called "If it kills me" by jason mraz
you should check it out
me: not at work
2:39 PM D: ok

1 comment:

Ray said...

me: i did something 80% of other guys wouldnt be able to do
D: you showered this morning?
me: .....
D: that is something 80% of other guys wouldn't be able to do
me: i did shower this morning


Accept your limitations, stinky boy.