Friday, November 7, 2008

Causes of Anxiety

I used to get approach anxiety really bad, and I still do, but in a different way. I used to think of all the ways the girl is going to embarrass me, but I know now that it just doesn't happen. I used to think that it would suck if I went up to a girl and she didn't like me, but that's just how it goes.

So what gives me anxiety now?
It's weird, especially when I have a good week, the very next night or week, I will have anxiety on my way home from work, or on my way out to meet girls. It's this feeling that I can't possibly live up to what I had accomplished last time out. Yes, it is definitely my ego getting in the way. Not to mention, when I debrief the interaction and i recognize points where I could have gone further in the interaction, and recognized key things I can fix for next time a similar situation occurs, I feel this need to somehow bring myself back to that exact situation, to that exact point in the interaction with a different girl, so that I can fix my mistake, even though I KNOW that every interaction is unique.

Sometimes I get indifference. I would go out, have a great interaction with a girl, and nothing comes out of it after the fact. That in itself sucks, but it's something that happens, cold approach isn't supposed to be easy. The thing is, I tend to project that into the next interaction. I go into the "what's the point" attitude. It's as if I act like I already know it's going to go nowhere and therefore I don't want to put in the effort, which is a terrible mindset to have.

Tonight I am going out, and I am going to do my best to not allow these things to cause me anxiety so that I can share myself with all the sexy ladies of the world.

Guys who are sitting at home, go out and flirt with women, it's a lot of fun. Realize that you don't know what is going to happen in an interaction until you are living it, in the moment.

No comments: