Thursday, July 9, 2009

FR 07/04/09: Solo Night Game in London

Been a while since I wrote one of these....

I'm here in London on a business trip and I've been aching to go out, but scared shitless to do so, but I feel I have to. How else would the women here have a chance with me? I wimped out on Friday night, but I did spot a nightclub I targeted for Saturday night called "Amika". Despite wimping out, I read some old 'Pump Action' field reports to get myself going. Saturday rolls around and I am on my way to the ATM near the club and I see this tall, hot, young-looking, brunette dressed to kill with her friend waiting to cross the same street I was crossing.

Being in a foreign land alone was tough for me, I never did much traveling in my life, so the assumption I made here was that they would be friendly.

Tommy: You two look excellent tonight
Girls: Thank you!

I made sure to give the hottie 60% eye contact and her friend 40%.

Nothing spectacular, just chatted with them as we crossed the street.

Hottie: You're American?
Me: Yea, I'm from New York.
Hottie: I loved New York
Me: Where are you from?
Hottie: Australia
Me: That must be why I can understand your English!
Hottie: haha

I went on to talk about how the British English is difficult for me. Anyway, this was me being in the moment, and just chatting along. I find out later that she is going to the same nightclub as me, awesome!

While I was in line for the night club, I started chatting with the 2 girls behind me. After a couple of minutes, I realized I was at a pretty exclusive place, and asked the ladies if they would let me join their group getting in. They were cool with it. Not only that, they asked me to join their group for a little bit, which was nice - instant social proof.

The hottie from earlier saw me with those two girls and smiled at me when we made eye contact as she was walking by. Nice! To be honest though, the first exchange on the street felt rather awkward, it made me feel weird about reapproaching, but in the words of Johnny Wolf "You don't know!"

This nightclub has a pretty damn good amount of quality girls, so I definitely recommend it. They also had some American theme decor (I also overheard that it was an independence day party)

At one point I was wandering around and happened to come across the hottie and started chatting with her.

Me: Cool place
Hottie: yea, but the drinks are crazy expensive
Me: already here, too late! (I bounce a bit to the music and I see her bouncing with me a bit)
Me: Do you have any moves?
Hottie: Maybe later when it gets more packed and I've had more to drink

I shake my head in disagreement and proceed to take her hand and spin her!

Forgot what happened after that, but she went off.

I see her later and say hi again, and she invites me to sit with her and her friend. I haven't really run a good nightclub set in some time now, and I knew for certain I had to do move forward in conversation topics and get more sexual. but seriously, I have no fuckin what I was doing in this country.

Woah! As I typed that, I realized that I could have easily gone into talking about traveling, seeing how I am traveling.... I'm an idiot.

As it turns out, we talked about culture. She jokingly said Americans are idiots (we elected George Bush, twice), and she made it clear that she did not ride a kangaroo to school when I asked what Australians did. I jokingly said I had to carry knives and guns to school in New York. She said that's something she would have believed. I asked her if she knew how to properly use a boomerang as a joke, and she said "Yea! I can use one of those!" Haha.

She got up to go to the bar with her friend. I saw her later and danced with her for just a bit. That was about it....

_____________________________________________

Things I did that I had never done before
1) Go to a nightclub in another country
2) Solo game at a nightclub

Things I did well
1) Keep my cool for a good portion of the night
2) Kept an open mind about meeting people
3) Solid on the approach, both in tonality and in body language

Things I could have done better
1) Spam comfort topics until one hit and go for it
2) Assume a comfort topic was going to work and go for it
3) Move the girl
4) Compliance test
5) Deal with the friends better

No comments: