Monday, May 4, 2009

FR 05/01/09 - It's not about them, it's about me

On Friday night, I roll out with my friend Raven and did some bar hopping in the East Village. I went around to a couple of bars in the area, and it was tough. I went to a couple of really small bars and also this place called Phebe's.

Phebe's had a good amount of girls, but it was also quite loud and crowded. I did my usual tour, roamed around and talked to the cuties that crossed my path

Set 1:
Blow out

Set 2:
Polite exit

Set 3:
Blow out

Set 4:
Blow out

At this point, I was getting a little frustrated, like I didn't even get to game since I was not able to get past the first 20 seconds. Then I though to myself "it's not about them, it's about me". My self-worth, my evaluation of who I am should not be based on the reactions of 4 girls. I should always value myself more than the girls I am talking to. Given that, I decided to go and get blown out 3 more times before I go home and really soak it in.

Set 5:
Polite exit

Set 6:
Walking set - didn't stop walking

Set 7:
"You already approached my friend!" - Blow out

Well, I didn't get to 3 blow outs, but I did push myself despite the reactions I was getting. Based on that, I was pretty satisfied with myself. There will be nights like this, and it's nights like this where learn to value yourself above others. It's nights like this that forces you to embrace the fact that you are expressing yourself in the best manner possible and that's it's always about you, not about them.

3 comments:

Shiznites said...

I hate shit like that. I have a very pessimistic attitude towards pick up lately. I keep thinking, whats the point of approaching if I know that 8 out 10 times is gonna do nothing for me.

It great you had the strength to go on and keep on going.

Ray said...

Your thought process is different yet similar to mine. Weird.

Good job dealing with the blowouts!

McBob said...

I think it's great that even with the bar noise and multiple blowouts, you kept on approaching. Keep it up.

I am totally the "ego protecting little bitch" your friend describes and it's a constant struggle. Kudos to you for persevering.

Great attitude dealing with a rough night!