Friday, April 10, 2009

Job Hunting

I've been job hunting lately, and it hasn't been easy. I already do work full time, so I am not exactly starving for work, but I am however becoming more and more dissatisfied with my current job. I work 25 miles outside New York City (35 miles outside Manhattan) where I feel I am underpaid. In addition, recently the work has become repetitive and will continue to be that way for the foreseeable future.

Even though the economy is poor shape, I have been actively looking for employment in Manhattan. Being an engineer, Manhattan is not so great of a place. I also want to have a job that is related to sustainable energy. That actually is the reason I went back to graduate school and got my master's. Somewhere along the way I lost sight of that.

If anyone out there can suggest a field/industry I can look into in Manhattan for an engineering job related to sustainable energy, please let me know. Even if it doesn't relate to sustainable energy, please let me know.

I have 3 years of experience as an engineer spanning component design, flow and heat transfer simulation, and cooling delivery design.

I have a Bachelor's degree from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and a Master's degree from Stony Brook University, both in mechanical engineering.

No comments: